Active Course notes
All of Michael's teaching materials are marked up semantically in sTeX, which can be transformed into OMDoc/iMMT-based active documents, which have embedded semantic services e.g.
- guided tours (generated mini-courses that explain a particular concept in the document)
- definition lookup (click on a word or symbol in a formula and get a popup with the definition)
- technical dictionary find the German words for technical terms in the English slides.
- user modelling: the system monitors your progress of understanding the material and adapts its services (e.g. the guided tours do not show you things you already know).
- pop-quiz where you can show (the user model) that you understood things.
We have the basic technology to do this, but this needs to be revisited to actually make this into a tool that students can use.